Nothing brings a smile to my face faster than a sip from a dirty chai latte! However, I’m not a big fan of the high cost or shoddy attempts some coffee shops make… I’ve literally see some pour it out of a box! The horror!
I finally started experimenting with making my own dirty chai latte. It took a few tries, however I finally tweaked it to amazing.
Ingredients for Basic Chai Tea:
I found all of the ingredients at Amazon.
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon powdered vanilla bean
- 1 1/2 cups black tea powder (TEAki Hut Instant Black Tea Powder)
This is your basic chai tea recipe. It can be made in many ways. Mixing a teaspoon or two in hot water is the easiest way to make it, however it packs a powerful punch.
I make mine in my Mr. Coffee!
I use 3 teaspoons of chai mix for an eight cup pot. I also add two tablespoons of espresso to the filter.
After brewing, add your favorite sweetener and creamer. Done!
Add these Ingredients to Make Chai Latte MIX:
If you’d like to make the recipe fully out of powdered ingredients, continue with these.
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1 cup French vanilla-flavored powdered nondairy creamer
How About these Options:
Chocolate Chai Mix: Add 1 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa along with dry milk powder to the latte blend above. Follow serving directions above.
Chai Shake: Blend 1/8 cup Chai Tea Mix, 1/2 cup milk, and 2 cups vanilla ice cream in a blender.
White Chocolate Chai: Add 1 teaspoon of finely chopped premium white chocolate to your cup of Chai Tea Mix.